I am a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Board Certified (PMHNP-BC) practicing in Syracuse, NY.
My practice is focused on treating individual adolescents and adults age 13 years and older. I see each patient as an individual and work to provide him or her with appropriate psychiatric treatment. Treatment methods that I commonly use include medication management, brief therapy, long term therapy, supportive therapy, along with a variety of other treatment modalities. It is important to know that not all patients with mental health issues require medications, and not all patients require psychotherapy. The treatment that I provide is completely individualized to provide the most optimal care for that person. Regardless of your treatment program, I know that you will find compassion and understanding during our time working together.
I work with individuals dealing with a variety of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating disorders
What is a PMHNP and why choose one?
- A PMHNP is a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- PMHNP's are advanced practice nurses with license to practice in assessment, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of psychiatric mental health disorders.
- Nurse Practitioners work with their patients to help them make informed decisions about their own health
- True to the nursing field, Nurse Practitioners take time to listen to patients concerns
- Nurse practitioners concentrate on preventative health care
- Nurse practitioners provide individualized, holistic care
What Services do Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners provide?
- Obtain medical and psychiatric histories and perform psychiatric assessment and physical examinations
- Diagnose and treat illness
- Identify, treat and manage mental health illness
- Prescribe medications (only if needed) and laboratory work (such as blood work, urinalysis, EKG)
- Provide education and treatment options to patients to allow them to make health care decisions about their own health so that they have control on their mental wellness
Why choose me?
- I am committed to providing quality mental health services. It is my overall goal to allow each patient to enhance their quality of life. It is my belief that all people are valuable and unique and should be treated with dignity and respect.
- I am committed to using the highest standards of care and practice protocols, along with current and emerging research to provide the best possible care. My goal for you is complete symptom relief, wellness and optimal quality of life.
New patients are currently being accepted
Call for a new appointment (315) 445-1200
If you are having trouble with this line, please call or Text (315) 454-2003
620 Erie Boulevard West, Suite 204
Syracuse, NY 13204
Office Phone: (315) 445-1200
Cell- (315) 454-2003 (ok to Text)
Fax: (315) 445-1201